For the sweetened condensed coconut milk:
1. In a small or medium saucepan combine 1 can of coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and honey to a boil.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. After 30 minutes, remove from heat, place in a heat-safe container, and store it in the fridge to cool completely. Even if your coconut milk makes condensed milk that’s a little thin, it still works great in this.
For the Coquito:
1. In a blender, add the coconut milk, cream of coconut, sweetened condensed coconut milk, white rum, brandy, vanilla extract, and spices.
2. If you’d like your Coquito extra creamy, pour 1/2 a can of cream of coconut with the other ingredients.
3. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is well combined. Make sure there are no chunks of cream of coconut.
4. It’s best to chill the Coquito overnight or throw it in the freezer for an hour. Make sure to shake before serving as the cinnamon will settle.
5. Serve chilled with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a side of cinnamon stick.
Don’t want this with alcohol? Simply leave the rum out for a kid-friendly version.